If you like all of these great freebies and deals, make sure you sign up for my newsletter.
Did you know that you could use Vicks Vapor Rub for more than chest congestion, though? There are so many uses for Vicks. You have to check out the list below. It will make you want to go out and stock up on Vicks, a store brand of vapor rub or make your own (I will post a recipe soon).
Now, I know it has a strong smell but that is part of what makes it work so well. Before using on your face or on children, check with your doctor.
So, here you go:
- Chest Decongestant - Yes, I know the most common use but it is one of the uses. Just apply a little to your upper chest, it is a great way to help when you have a cough or congestion.
- On Your Feet - I'm sure most of you have heard about this one in the past few years. If you put some on the bottom of your feet and then put socks on, it will help you stop coughing. I have no idea why this works but it does.
- No More Headache - I know probably 15 years ago or so, many stores were selling a peppermint or menthol cream to put on your temples and/or forehead to help with headaches. Well, guess what you can just dab a little bit of Vick's on your temples to help relieve headaches. The menthol helps relieve pressure and relieves pain.
- Insect Repellant - Just put a little bit of Vick's on your skin and/or clothes. The smell will keep the mosquitoes away. Of course, it might keep others away, too, if you put on too much. If you do get bitten by a mosquito put a little Vick's and the bite, and it will help with the itching.
- Use in a Humidifier - Many of the humidifier these days have a little receptacle to use Vick's or other aromatherapy products. The Vick's will circulate throughout the room and help you with your congestion. (I know this is another pretty common use but it is a use.)
- Get Rid of Nail Fungus - Yes, Vick's will kill nail fungus. If you think you have a nail fungus, put some Vick's on your nail. If your nail gets dark, it means that it is killing the fungus. Don't worry, your nail will grow and you will eventually be able to clip the dark part off. Make sure you clean your nails, and put more Vick's for a week or two to kill all of the bacteria.
- Potty Training your Puppy - If your puppy isn't completely potty trained, you can leave an open bottle in the place where they like to mark their territory. The strong smell will keep them away. I told you that the strong smell helped.
- Cat Scratching - As with dogs, the strong smell of Vick's will keep cat's away. Just rub a little in the area they like to scratch. Make sure if you put any on furniture that you try it in a small out of site area first to make sure it doesn't discolor or cause any other problems with your furniture.
- Paper Cuts or Splinters - Dab a little bit of Vick's on any paper cut or small cut or splinter area. The Vick's will help fight infection.
- Achy Muscles - Use Vick's like you would Bengay. It will help with sore muscles. It helps to increase circulation. As with Bengay and other products, it will make you smell. You might not want to go bed with it on, unless you are sleeping alone.
Image Credit: Vicks